Share

Monday 28 August 2017

Dark and Stormy - Adults only ice lollies!

Dark and Stormy - Adults only ice lollies!

  • 50ml sugar syrup (this appears to be readily available in most supermarkets)
  • Juice of half a lime
  • Zest of half a lime
  • Slice the remaining half of the lime into very thin slices
  • 50ml dark rum
  • 200ml Pepsi Ginger or ginger beer


Method:
Keeping the lime slices to one side, mix together all the ingredients and pour into your lolly mould, add a lime slice to each mould and pop into the freezer.  These are best left overnight, however they are still somewhat soft, I assume this is due to the alcohol, so make sure you have a handy piece of kitchen towel to hand!

Following the success of my gin & tonic ice lollies I thought I would give another of my favourite alcoholic tipples a go, rum! In the previous recipe I made sugar syrup by heating sugar in water until it dissolved, this time I tried ready made sugar syrup that I stumbled upon in the supermarket, this way saves a bit of time as you don't have to wait for the sugar water to cool down.  



Well, what can I say, another success, so glad the weather has picked up again as these went down a treat today, Mmm, now what to try next, any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment