Share

Monday 2 January 2017

Beef Hotlink Souvlaki Wrap with Tzatziki

 Beef Hotlink Souvlaki Wrap with Tzatziki

A while back I came up with some traditional recipes with a Mexican twist, one of which was my Mexican Toad In The Hole.  For this recipe I was looking for a Mexican style sausage and this is when I came across Angusandoink.com who sell a variety of sausages, rubs and hot sauces. 


 I bought some of their Jalapeño & Cheese sausages with Mr Rubba Rubba Seasoning and Rub along with some beef hotlinks with the Generals Seasoning and Rub.  All I can say is if you like your sausage then you need to check out Angusandoink, seriously good quality sausages packed with flavour, I will be trying some of their other products soon, they were that good!  

Whilst I had in mind what to do with the jalapeño & cheese sausages, I was yet to come up with something a bit different to try out the beef hotlinks on - that was until I paid a visit to Greek on the Street at Boxpark Croydon where I had the loukaniko beef and pork Greek sausage souvlaki wrap. This was so delicious I decided to try and re-create this at home using the beef hotlinks, along with a couple of the traditional Greek wraps that the manager Vicky from Greek on the Street kindly let me have.  Just to say, I am trying to persuade them to sell the wraps as they really are good!
  • Pack of beef hotlinks
  • Greek wraps
  • Red onion, finely sliced
  • Small bag of rocket leaves
  • 1 pepper, thinly sliced 
  • Handful of sliced black olives
  • Feta cheese, crumbled
  • Cherry tomatoes, halved
  • Half a cucumber, peeled
  • Tablespoon of mint, finely chopped
  • Squeeze of lemon juice
  • Pinch of salt
  • 4 tbsp Greek natural yoghurt
  • Couple of pinches of dried oregano
Method:
Place the hotlinks onto a baking tray and place under a preheated grill for around 20 minutes or so, until cooked through.  

Whilst the sausages are cooking, prepare the tzatziki.  Place the yoghurt into a bowl along with the mint, lemon juice and salt.  Using a box grater, grate the peeled cucumber, squeeze out the excess water from the cucumber and combine in the bowl with the yoghurt mix.

Heat a frying pan (one big enough for the wraps) and dry fry each wrap for around a minute each side until warmed through.  Place a wrap onto each plate and spread with some of the tzatziki and top this with some of the rocket leaves.  I then cut each sausage down the middle lengthways and allowed three slices for each wrap.  Having placed the sausages on top of the rocket I then topped with the red onion, peppers, tomatoes, olives and some crumbled feta.

Feta Fries
Having experienced the feta fries at Greek on the Street, I thought it would be rude not to also have a stab at making my own to go with the wrap.  I cooked some chunky frozen chips according to pack instructions, once done I tossed with some dried oregano and sprinkled some crumbled feta over the top.  I swear, once you try these fries, you will be hooked!

This dish was a huge hit in my household and the hotlinks really added to the whole dish, really meaty and tasty, I will definitely be making this again. I would recommend paying Angusandoink a visit to try out some of their products, you won't be disappointed, trust me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment