|Smoked Chicken Salad|
- 1 smoked chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, stone removed and cut into small chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, quartered, seeds removed and finely sliced into small chunks
- Quarter of a cucumber, thinly sliced and cut into small pieces
- 3 rashers of streaky bacon
- Bag of mixed lettuce leafs
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
This is a bit of a cheat recipe as the only thing I'm actually making is the salad dressing, however this was such a tasty salad, it would be rude not to share it with you all!
Place the bacon on a baking tray and grill for 5-10 minutes until crispy. Leave the bacon to one side to cool slightly and then chop into small bite size pieces.
Put the lemon juice, mustard and olive oil into a small bowl and whisk together until it thickens, season with salt and pepper to taste. This recipe is for two, naturally adjust the ingredients to accommodate the number of guests you are feeding.
Dress two plates with the salad leafs and sprinkle over the pepper, cucumber, avocado and tomato. Place the sliced chicken over the top of the salad and sprinkle over the bacon and drizzle with the salad dressing.
This is such a quick and easy recipe to throw together, who said cooking had to be complicated! I'm sure you will love it as much as we did, enjoy.